Software Engineer - Web Platform
From an software engineering perspective, our product ecosystem is a hugely challenging. Unlike single-purpose apps, our platform encompass multiple apps that are used by a diverse teams of people. These apps work together and seamlessly to automate and enhance processes across the board to help drive sales, visibility and distribution efficiency for our customers. Our product roadmap is filled with interesting challenges that expand the boundaries of our platform.
We are looking for Software Engineers to build features, design and implement API methods, writing highly maintainable code that improve the performance and reliability of our systems as we rapidly scale.
Software Engineers build the server-side using React, PHP, NodeJS, MySQL. In a typical week, an software engineer at Evolve will develop new features with a cross-functional team of Product Manager, Product Designer, Mobile Platform, DevOps teams and quality engineers.
Evolve is being built upon a commitment to providing the best possible experience for the end user, even if it requires going to great lengths in engineering and design effort. While we love rapid iteration where it makes sense, we also take the time and effort to make farsighted architectural and infrastructural design decisions and place emphasis on performance, code quality over speed in delivery.
We believe in the power of highly motivated and capable individuals to accomplish great things in small teams, with end-to-end ownership of projects and rapid iteration. Every day offers a variety of work, an opportunity to contribute new ideas, and the ability to share your knowledge.
This position reports to a Product Engineering Manager.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Managers, Designers and other Engineering Teams to represent the Product Engineering team.
- You will be responsible for architecting, building and deliver all components necessary for the products and platform, to ensure development and delivery of high performance products, services and user experience.
- Collaborate closely with the Product Engineering Team Leader or Manager to define and contribute to the overall direction of our products and platform.
- Develop guidelines, embrace and implement effective engineering processes and best practices.
- Collaborate with technical recruiters to bring fresh talent into the Product Engineering Team and contribute towards building and reinforcing the company culture and policies.
- Guide teammates and other colleagues to allow them to develop and achieve their full potential.
- Represent Evolve Engineering in industry events.
- Building web applications professionally for 3+ years.
Experience with any three of the following:
- Schema-less databases
- Familiarity with server technologies (NPM, Docker, NGINX).
- Ability to lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions.
- Ability to write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Explaining complex technical concepts to product designers, customer support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You are looking for challenging assignments.
- Experience with CI/CD.
- Experience with Go lang.
- Experience in development on microservices architecture.
- Experience with Gitlabs, Jira, Confluence.
- Collaborative attitude, highly responsible, takes ownership, and a lifelong learner.
Benefits and Perks
Evolve offers a unique & diverse work environment. Each team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work. The benefits we offer include great health & medical insurance, flexible work hours policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, paid time off, competitive remuneration packages to boot and top it all with an amazing work environment that allows you to develop and achieve your full potential.