Data Visualization Engineer
There has never been a better time for demand and acceptance of data visualisation and data-rich interfaces. Visual communication of insights and data stories is beginning to change the way that people perceive and understand their businesses and processes.
However, designing and engineering accessible and effective visualizations or data-rich interfaces is not trivial and requires expertise that spans data, engineering, and design. Data Visualization Engineer will own the intersection of these three areas.
You will be part of to the Data Science team that has an ambitious vision. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to define how our customers visualize data and enable them to make data-informed decisions.
You will help build custom visualizations, data-rich user interfaces, and shared visualization components to help our customers and internal teams view and relate to events based on data. You’ll have the opportunity to leverage our massive datasets, streaming data, work with the latest web technologies including d3 and React, and directly influence our product roadmap.
This position reports to a Product/Platform Manager.
- Build visual interfaces, shared visualization components, and custom visualizations for communicating data.
- Collaborate with Visual Designers and Product Engineering teams to iterate on the design and implementation of data visualization features and capabilities.
- Work with Product and Data Engineers to build features and capabilities into the product and platforms.
- Champion the relationship between Data Science, Design, and Product teams.
- Develop principles for data visualization for all interfaces and tools within the product platforms.
- A passion for data visualization and a keen design sense. You have a portfolio of work you’re excited to share.
- Solid UI and UX skills, with experience building web and/or mobile interfaces for displaying interactive visual insights
- Commanding grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies.
- Knowledge of query languages, APIs, data pipelines, and how to work with them in practice.
- Motivated and able to work independently, with a track record of developing an idea into a polished product.
Benefits and Perks
Evolve offers a unique & diverse work environment. Each team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work. The benefits we offer include great health & medical insurance, flexible work hours policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, paid time off, competitive remuneration packages to boot and top it all with an amazing work environment that allows you to develop and achieve your full potential.